Monday, July 30, 2007

Visiting the Dennis "Zoo"















Some of my fondest memories from my mission took place at the Dennis home. I will never forget the first dinner I ate at their home. What craziness! Their home was loud and FULL of people. It was so fun, much like visiting the zoo! :) I bonded immediately with Nina (center above) and she became my Mom away from home. I am sure her family was caught off guard by all of my prying questions, like "Who are you?" and "How do you belong?". Many times I would sit on the couch and little Iva would come and cuddle right in (Iva with Izzy above, not so little anymore). I felt at home, and still feel that today. Visiting the Dennis home today is much different than it used to be. It is no longer the "zoo" I spoke about earlier. Instead of being filled with people it is filled with dogs and puppies. And yet, I still feel at home. The spirit of acceptance, love, support, and encouragement are alive and well within their 4 walls. What good people they are. I will forever be appreciative for the love they showed me and continue to show me.
I love you Dennis family!

9 comments:

Granum Family said...

Hi Melissa!!! It's Kelli Riches from Los Altos Ward :) I somehow found your blog and just wanted to say hi :) You're baby is adorable!!! Hope things are going well!

Melissa and Chad said...

Kelli!! You have to give me your email address or something, I would love to see how you are doing!

Granum Family said...

Hi! Our blog is www.granumfamily.blogspot.com :)

Rachel & Jeramy said...

Hey melissa, It is so good to see you and your cute family. I am glad to be a part of this blogging world.
-your cousin Rachel

Granum Family said...

What's your email address? I'll email you all the details :)

Rachel & Jeramy said...

I need your email address darling. I need to add you to my list!! =)

Diane said...

Hi Melissa--I read your blog everyday girl-partly to see any new pics of your sweet baby. I am so happy you had such a great time in Kentucky--and so sad to know your little Izzy girl is not feeling well--it amazing the impact our sick babies have on moms. I am sure she'll be fine--hopefully sooner than later.
talk to you soon
Mom

Jess said...

Melissa- Okay about the signing...I found the greatest videos ever! They are called Signing Time! Well I just showed Chase one 20 min. video every day starting when he was 7 months old. Of course you learn the signs too when you watch. But you have to do the signs through out the day with her...and they are so smart, they pick it up quickly! Go to www.signingtime.com for more info. The lady who made the videos is LDS and her daughter is deaf. They are great! I hope this makes sense.
PS they can be a bit pricey. I checked some of them out at the library.

ivajorri said...

Melissa, hey that's a very sweet message about our family. We feel the same about you. Having you here last week was almost like you had never left. You were so welcome when you were a missionary here and now you are a wonderful wife and mother. I am so very proud of and and so proud to have been your Mom here while you were on your Mission. Melissa, you are such a sweet girl and I love you so much. I hope all is well. It sound like Izzy B is sick, send me your email so I can find out what's up or call me. Love you, Nina & the familia