Sunday, July 15, 2007

Life in the Peach Orchard...

This is our home we purchased in late February. Chad and I had decided we would try and buy a multi-unit home. Not only would it help with the mortgage but would hopefully become a long term investment. Our search was short and sweet when we found this unique 4 unit home. It was built in 1905 and has some of it's original charm. While touring our first time I couldn't help but say at every new door, "This is so cute". We were in a contract faster than I knew was possible. I wish I could say things went smoothly, or even well. Let's just say Chad and I bought ourselves a very expensive learning experience. I always say "Maybe next year it will be a good investment?". We are fortunate all the same. We are within blocks of downtown and Chad's shop. We are getting better and better at being good landlords. All the units are well upgraded, except for ours. I am glad Chad is handy, as I have many projects ahead for him.

2 comments:

lacey said...

How cute! I can't picture 4 units inside! Bring more pictures when you come.

Diane said...

I love the pictures! Melissa she is getting big--I told you so but I still can't believe it. I hate being so far away. Aug.20th sounds like 5 years from now, not 5 weeks.
Keep posting pictures.
love you
Grand Lady