Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good Ol' Kentucky


Some months ago I told my sister Lacey I would come visit her in Kentucky. I don't think she believed I would actually come until I sent her my itinerary via email. So my journey began on Sunday the 22nd as I hitched a ride with Chad's grandparents to Denver, CO. The drive from Grand Junction to Denver is a 4.5 hours in which my Izzy did great! We stayed in a hotel near the airport to make my 5:30 flight easier to catch. Again my Izzy did great! How did I get so lucky? The plane rides were uneventful except for the second leg. I had less than 30 min between flights in Memphis, so I quickly used the restroom and changed Izzy's diaper. I am close to the last to board the plane and quickly tell the gentlemen next to me so all can hear "Aren't you lucky!". I again thought that it would be a breeze with Izzy until....the sound you never want to hear from a baby in a cramped airplane. Oh yes, my sweet Izzy pooped so much it soaked her clothes! Not only is she crying at this point as she is now dirty but hungry as well, but tomato red, I'm so mad, I can't breath crying. Quickly I try and soothe her by nursing her (minded I am not that great at being discreet, however I am trying to spare the man next to me), as she continues to pull on the blanket that is covering her nursing. Needless to say I was so excited to finally get here to KY. I have forgotten since the 6 years of serving here how beautiful it truly is here. I cannot express the joy I had at seeing my sister and 3 kids waiting for me. The tears flowed. My how I've missed her!
Lacey says she is a coma baby as she eats and sleeps apposed to her own screamers! Above a picture of cousin Tanner with Izzy (look close he just lost his other front tooth:) .

2 comments:

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Visiting sisters is the best!

Anonymous said...

I am green with envy- as the oldest sister I should be the first one visited! What a sweet picture of Tanner and Izzy- I wish that we all lived much closer to each other.