Wednesday, July 18, 2007

First Season of Fruit

Who knew when I moved to Grand Junction, CO for work that I would not only stay here, but get married as well? I have pondered many times how different my life would be had I not taken that "leap of faith" and moved here to Grand Junction. I am SO glad I did! Chad and I have been married a year now (hard to believe I know)...and what a year it has been! So many "firsts" in my life have been done with my adventurous husband. As I ponder or look back at pictures of these adventures I find myself saying "I can't believe I did that!". And yet, that is one of the things I love most about Chad, he is ALL boy.

We have had a bit of a whirlwind as a newly married couple. I think some couples don't experience as much as we have in 3 years of marriage. It would have been much harder to experience these things as individuals. How lucky we are to have each other! Our marriage started off with a VERY stressful and demanding job that I had (not to mention Chad's business being busier than ever). Next, a relapse of IBS on my part (uh....no clue I was pregnant, I'm so dumb). The tremendous loss of Chad's Dad in February, after a very long battle with cancer. The purchase of a home, and becoming instant landlords. And the birth of Izabelle Lynn. All the while trying to continue to learn and adapt to each other as a newly married couple.

This past year has been exciting, fun, hard, stressful and most important memorable. I look at my sweet husband hold our baby and I love him more and more everyday. How blessed I am to have my family for eternity. I hope the years to come are just as memorable as our first season together.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Melissa I'm so glad that you have a blog!! It has been so fun seeing what people are up to. I think your baby was born only a day before mine...How fun! You're right your first year of marriage was crazy compared to most people...I think being pregnant during the first year of marriage only adds to the craziness!! You guys were brave to do that!!

lacey said...

I am glad that you have such a good husband by your side. There is nothing I want more for my sisters than to have a husband that they love and who adores them.

Diane said...

Melissa--I love all the pictures --I found myself smiling and laughing out loud. This has been a wild ride for you this past year --how lucky are you to have Chad and now that sweet Izzy baby.

Susie said...

Wow- what a busy year!! I love seeing the pictures- you look so happy! The baby is the spitting image of you when you were little! What business does your husband do? Uncle Lynn is starting a job in Security- is that anywhere near you?

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the pictures of your adventures! I am glad that Chad can show you a little about being a boy since there were just girls growing up.

Debbie Bond said...

Melissa this is your aunt Debbie from Chicago. I am so happy to hear all about your wonderful life. I have often prayed that you and your sisters and your mom where happy and healthly. I also pray that sometime soon we can all get together to enjoy a great extended family reunion. Check out my blog for some pictures of our family at a recent Kershaw wedding.

The Paske Family said...

Wow! What a year. I used to travel quite a bit to Grand Junction for work -of course not when you lived there. I always really liked it there, it reminded me of my hometown. I have great respect for people who move to new places with a leap of faith. I got lucky too!