Thursday, September 13, 2007

Welcome Home!

Girls weekend sadly, is over. Oh how Izzy and I missed Chad! I too know Chad missed us and couldn't wait to hold his baby girl!

For those of you who don't know our kitchen and bath have been in desperate need of a face lift (an understatement). While Izzy and I were away Chad took it upon himself to tackle the bathroom. Well I was a bit worried when we pulled up from returning from the airport and saw this on our porch...

Upon entering the house I could see a thin (some places thick) layer of dust. It was very apparent on the clean dishes I had left on the counter prior to leaving. Chad smiling as if showing off a HUGE fish proclaims, "Come look at the bathroom!". After much banging, pulling, cutting and I'm sure sneezing this is what he accomplished...

You can see we increased our floor space by double in front of the shower. Now I can actually fit a tub mat! And even kneel while bathing Izabelle! Chad was able to expose the original brick fireplace. I am sooo excited to clean and seal it. Very charming!

Izzy was so glad to be home, and could care less about the dust. I put her in her crib and a BIG grin came across her face. She loves her bed! (this is how she sleeps, in the corner with her snuggly over her face)

4 comments:

lacey said...

You were right about the space issue in your bathroom. I can kind-a get it from the picture. Good for Chad. Improvement is always good. I want to see an after picture for sure!

ps- go to Jocelyns blog. her contest ends monday. make a comment!

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

What a good husband you have! I too want to see the after picture! I love how izzy sleeps in the corner. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

MELISSA- Don't you dare tell people that I fed you a snail!! (Yes I went to Jocelyn's blog) I was only 4 and shouldn't have been trust to watch 2 smaller children. And for the record I never fed it to you- you picked it up and put it in your mouth yourself!!

By the way the bathroom looks better.

Jocelyn said...

Melissa you are too funny...really an introduction would have been fantastic. :) I hear ya about bathroom troubles, check out my #1 husbands poorly updated blog. Its very very sad and looks just the same as it does in the picture that was taken, I dont know how many years ago. http://odelgado.blogspot.com/

PS- Weirdo, I think not! I love comments. :)

PSS- Izzy B. is SO STINKIN CUTE!