Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stop the press!


After not 1, not 2 but 3 sewer back-ups (yes it's true) my week finally took a positive turn, MY FRONT LOADERS HAVE ARRIVED!

My Hubby bit the bullet and bought me my new washer and dryer. I'm sure all my hinting over the last few months began to widdle him down some. Sniffing... "These don't smell clean."...passing the garment "Do they smell clean to you?"..."Hmm, I think Izzy's clothes are NOT even clean!"

Well as a retirement tribute to the nasty old Coin-Ops, here's the Top 10 reasons I will NOT miss them:

#10 Almost breaking my finger trying to push the coins in the machine
#9 Quarters...need I say more?
#8 Not knowing what has or is cleaned in them (our tenants use them)
#7 The 22 min wash cycle
#6 Loading the "clean" clothes in the dryer still SOPPING WET!
#5 Uh... have I mentioned the quarters?
#4 Hearing the BANG,BANG,BANG when the washer is off balance
#3 All water settings in reality are warm
#2 Washer so small 3 loads turned into 6

And the #1 reason to say farewell to the coin-ops is:
#1 "Honey, do these smell clean to you?"

6 comments:

lacey said...

Lucky girl! Front loaders! I bet you will be a powerhouse washing mama now. I am so glad your laundry will now smell clean? (But seriously, they probably WERE clean. You just know how to work it to get what you want ;) )

Jess said...

I am so jealous! I think I like doing laundry...but I would like it even more if I had those!

Michele said...

Melissa, I feel your pain. Im going through the same thing with our apartment washer and dryer. The worst is the hour and a half that it takes to dry a single load of laundry!

Diane said...

Welcometo the owning your own washer and dryer club--it's a lifetime membership. This is one of the times in life you never look back.

Anonymous said...

Front-Loaders are the best! Izzie's clothes will be clean now for sure. (Like they were dirty it the first place- )

Rustino Scar said...

i love public laundry places