Thursday, November 20, 2008

My dolls


Growing up my Mom bought outfits for my sisters and I that coordinated if not matched. I fondly remember going to Gunny Sack in San Fransisco where my Grandma worked and looking at the rows and rows of dresses. Now just days/weeks away from having our 2nd girl, I have an uncontrollable urge to buy matching outfits for my dolls! I cannot wait for Izabelle to have a sister, as my own sisters are some of my most precious relationships. It is true....the best thing my Mom gave my sisters and I, were each other.

And no...that is not a picture of my sisters.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Along with all my moves--I still have several of those cute gunne sax dresses from your past. Go figure--even that favorite black and white one:)

Michele said...

I cannot even begin to describe to you the jealousy I felt everytime we had a family get together and you girls would all wear matching dresses. I always felt so deprived since I had no sister of my own to match! To this day I still have pangs of envy anytime I look at Aunt Marcia's wedding pictures with you four in blue dresses, Susan's girls in pink dress, and me right in the middle in my bright purple dress- all alone in my fashion statement! I'm glad I could get that off my chest, I've been hanging on to it for awhile :)

P.S- I have already told my husband that if we have one daughter we will keep going until we get a second one (just so my daughter has someone to match with!)

Anonymous said...

I used to hate wearing matching clothes for pictures and church- yet looking back at pictures now I am so glad that Mom took the time to have us girls 'match & coordinate'. The pictures and memories are priceless, so go ahead and match your 'dolls'...