Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I've been tagged...

Thanks Lacey!

1. Where did I meet my husband?
Here in Grand Junction at the singles ward.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Tap, tap, tap (on the shoulder), "Do you guys have dinner plans?"(speaking to my husband Chad and his brother Ryan). I had planned on several for Sunday dinner and 2 people were unable to come last minute. I was in Relief Society and knew they were new and VERY shy.

3. Where was your first date?
More like an outing. We went exploring in Gilman, CO an abandoned town with his brothers and sister-in-law. Not something I would normally have done, it was exciting. Followed by the Halloween dance, of which my husband did not come in costume nor did he dance!

4. Where was your first kiss?
In my apartment after the Halloween dance. It is up for debate who kissed who! I KNOW he kissed me thgouh.

5. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
I think pretty typical for LDS people? We started dating Halloween, engaged Feb 2nd and married June 10th.

6. Where did you get engaged?
Again, in my apartment. We were watching movies. He was so nervous. I see his face in my mind and it still melts my heart!

7. Where did you get married?
In the temple in Monticello, Utah

8. How did the reception go?
We didn't really have one that day. We had 23 for a nice sit down lunch, and away we were on the honeymoon! It was PERFECT to me! A week later there was an "open house" for my husband's side.

9. How was the Honeymoon?
The BEST! We went to Crested Butte, Colorado. It is beautiful there! We stayed in a very nice Inn and Spa. We still talk about it, and wonder if others' honeymoons were as wonderful as ours...probably not! :)

OK, I tag...
My cousin Michele Delvin,
cousin Sara Paske, and
friend Kelli

3 comments:

lacey said...

Hi Melis-
I kept checking you blog and it was an old post. Mom told me you had posted the tag and I said no way- I've been checking. BUT, I had to refresh your page! Agh! You did do it.
Thank you! I didn't realize you asked them to dinner!
Love all you pictures and glad you you the Bjorn for her- can't wait to see you.

The Paske Family said...

So I just realized you tagged me! and funny but I tagged you on something else with out knowing that you had tagged me. I got you back without even knowing it. So funny. I liked your story. Isn't life crazy. What if those people hadn't bailed for dinner.......hmmmmm

Rustino Scar said...

do you remember the time after the easter pageant in Mesa when we were talking about how pathetic my love life was? And you leaned over to give a hug goodnight and I totally flinched? hahahahaha. I hope you remember. That was CLAAASSSSSIC.