Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sweet Happenings

In an attempt to catch up....

*My brother Jacob came and worked for Chad a few weeks this summer. Izabelle adored him, we miss him!
















*My first ever Apple Pie won first place at the Fall Harvest Festival.

*We sold my Honda Civic in 1 week enabling us to buy the Kia Sedona we found.

*Izzy and I took a trip to California. I miss my family! There is nothing better than seeing my sisters with their new babies! Thank you Aunt J- you are too good to me!

*I have only gained 11 lbs so far in this pregnancy. (Uh...no pix of the belly...I'm still a whale!) I cannot believe it's only weeks away from bringing Ellery home with us!

*Izabelle is into everything and talking/signing more and more everyday. She does the silliest things! Just yesterday I asked her if she wanted a granola bar, she heard gorilla bar and pounded her chest like a gorilla. Here she is wearing my belly support band, and her Dad's socks as leg warmers...goofy kid!














*We officially took over the other downstairs apartment, in attempt to have one larger apartment. It was a dusty mess but, a door is now hanging. We are on an official countdown trying to get everything done before Ellie comes...we'll see.

*We took a trip to Denver to see Chad's mom and cousin (our last with only one munchkin in tow). We went to the zoo and of all of the animals Izabelle could love what was it...the Rhinos! We had to pry her hands off the Rhinos cage (you could only tell it was alive because his eye would open and close)!

Well that's it for our exciting news. Keep checking my blog for pictures of the improvements we are making to the house! And more important....wish us LUCK!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Let me just say, it was a delicious Apple Pie.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures of your Izzy- I can't wait to see some of the "new" apartment, don't work Chad too hard :)

The Paske Family said...

How excited was I to see an update from my cousin and fellow prego lady? Very. I loved the recap, concise and to the point. Ummm so 11 lbs sounds great. I'm up 37 lbs......we will see what happens over the next 6 weeks. I hear that you might get to have the baby before Thanksgiving. I envy you (: Keep the updates coming!! Are you coming to the tea party? I am planning on going and would love to see you and your sisters (and all those cute babies too)

Diane said...

I talk to you everyday and yet when I read your list of happenings
I think--wow your life is really, really busy or maybe even crazy. I can tell you though that it's all a "good crazy" :) I can hardly wait for Ellery to make her grand debut.

UrgentCookie said...

Great pics, Melissa! Good luck on the house. :0)

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Melissa, Thanks for the comment on my blog. I also had such a good time seeing you guys, I wish we all lived closer. I am not sure on names yet. I love all the cute pictures of Izzy, and can't wait to see pictures of little Ellery.