Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Prophet


What sadness I feel in my heart at the passing of our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. He is the only prophet I remember, being the prophet of my generation. He was the prophet that signed my mission assignment to Louisville Kentucky. President Hinckley was the prophet who helped my testimony grow into what it is today. In a very real way I felt personally tied to Him. As the world continues to get more turbulent, it was He, that remained positive all the while encouraging us to be better children of our Heavenly Father. What a great speaker He was, and a sense of humor to boot!

On the flip side, how grateful I am that He can now rest. What a sweet reunion He must be having with His wife. My prayers are with His family, that comforting peace may be with them.

I will miss Him.

1 comment:

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Melissa,
I need an update of your little Izzy! Please post soon!