Friday, November 2, 2007

Look what we got....

For the last 5-6 months Chad has been riding his bike to work. He has not minded being car-less, in fact he enjoys riding his bike. However, when people ask him at the shop what rig he has, cringes and chills go down his spine. Chad and his brothers own the largest 4x4 shop pretty much on the western slope of Colorado, so not having a decent off-road vehicle has been "shameful". We have been shopping Jeeps for Chad for the last couple of months and finally find it....his new girlfriend...the slime green jeep. (I must admit, I too LOVE it!)

So he went from....(please no humming of the Wizard of Oz, Wicked Witch bicycle music) And NO, this is not a picture my husband!


To...drum roll...TA DA!! His new Baby! (The picture does it no justice, it is a new 4 door Jeep Wrangler but, the color is right.)

I am forbidden to post any pictures of it until it has new tires, wheels and has a 4 in lift....Tim the Tool Man grunt!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! Chad can finally play with the big boys :) I just want to know- Does Izzie's car seat fit in the back?

Diane said...

I don't anything about jeeps ok--or cars, but your new jeep is pretty cool. Jacob says--Hey--that's just like the one I want.--right. So have you named her yet?And I am pretty sure that IS Chad in the bike picture.:)

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

How fun is that! That is a big jump... a bike to a new jeep! He totally deserves it!

Jess said...

Awesome!! I'm impressed that he rode his bike to work for 5 months!!!

Michael said...

Gas is about to hit $4/gal out here in CA (oil is over $97 barrel), if that keeps going he may go back to riding his bike.

Noelle said...

Hey Melissa, Noelle here (remember me?) I've been doing some virtual spying on our ward by looking at blogs and I picked up your link through your sister. I think Lacey told you our big news that we have a little baby girl. She is beautiful. Check her out on our blog http://gosnellfamily-noelle.blogspot.com/
Noelle